Click here to request more info when it becomes available
- Explore Zions majestic mountains, waterfalls, and red-rock canyons
- Wade knee-deep in the Virgin River between towering canyon walls
- Hike amidst Bryces rock-spire fairyland
- Soak in the Southwests fall artistry
- Horseback ride through pristine wilderness and canyons
- Discover the fun of rappelling and canyoneering
- Relish great food, great laughter, and camaraderie
- Make this bucket-list vacation happen
Fly in to the airport in St. George, Utah, where well meet your flight at 3PM. (Alternately, fly into Las Vegas and take a shuttle to St. George, where we?ll meet you. We?ll suggest shuttles and hotels.) Then tour Utahs remarkable countryside as we drive to Bryce National Park, a fairyland of rock formations. Settle into the national park cabins, just a two-minute walk to amazing canyon-rim views. Well enjoy dinner together at the park lodge.
Trek 3.5 unforgettable miles on the Navajo/Queens Garden Loop through Bryce Canyons hoodoos... towering rock spires in a geologic fantasyland. Then, well visit the parks most picturesque overlooks, taking short walks to savor the views. Dinner at the lodge.
At the canyon rim, watch the suns first morning rays play light shows with the hoodoos. Then enjoy a 3-mile hike at Fairyland Point for more spectacular hoodoo views ... OR mount up for an optional horseback ride on Thunder Mountain. This unforgettable ride switchbacks to the top of Red Canyon, where youll ride the mountains narrow backbone. (Recommended for those who have ridden at least once before.) Later, were off to jaw-dropping scenery as we drive to Zion National Park. There, don your hiking boots for the 1-mile Canyon Overlook hike that boasts breathtaking views and photos of Zions towering mountains and Virgin River winding along its canyon floor. Check into our lodge, with private balconies overlooking the majesty. Then enjoy dinner in the lodge.
Today 4-mile hike, ranked as one of the Southwests 10 best, offers incredible vistas of Zion Canyon - and bragging rights. Follow switchbacks up Zion Canyons west wall and Walters Wiggles to breathtaking views at Scout Lookout. After our hike, savor free time to read on your balcony, hike a nearby trail, or visit Springdale&146;s great shops. Well enjoy dinner at the Bit & Spur Saloon, where yummy food and great ambience make it a local legend.
National Geographic ranks The Narrows hike as #5 of Americas Best 100 Adventures. On this 5-mile hike, well trek knee-deep in the Virgin River as it winds through narrow, sculpted-sandstone walls towering hundreds of feet on either side. (Water levels are carefully monitored to ensure safety.) Well dine at the Spotted Dog Cafe and then take a short night hike to gaze at Utah&$146;s amazing starlit skies.
Choose from two morning adventures: Take a hike on your own or with a friend through Zions lovely scenery. Or choose 3-4 hours of guided, beginner-level canyoneering with Zion Adventure Company: First, youll hike and rock scramble into a slot canyon. Then challenge yourself with 2-4 rappels down 20 to 80-foot canyon faces. Youll be securely strapped into a harness, and assisted by experienced guides; no experience needed. This bucket-list adventure is a highlight for many of our hikers ... and offers great photo ops and "tales from the trails" stories for friends and family. Dinner will be at one of our guides favorite spots.
Say goodbye to Zion with a gorgeous sunrise. Join us for a short drive to see the suns rays light up the Towers of the Virgin, an iconic rock formation. Later, well drive through the lovely Utah landscape, arriving at 10AM in St. George for your return flights and shuttles. Youll go home with great stories, friendships, and a renewed love for the great outdoors.
The trip cost includes:
- 2 days and nights at Bryce National Parks lodges cozy cabins*, walking distance to amazing views and dining.
- 4 days and nights in Zion National Parks lodge*, in the heart of dramatic scenery and great hikes. Comfy rooms boast private balconies with beautiful views.
- Guided hikes by experienced, knowledgeable female leaders who explain the areas unique geologic and cultural heritage.
- Transportation throughout the week.
- Shuttles to and from St. George airport, within designated time frames.
- Park entrance fees and permits.
- Guided discussions that foster warm friendships and help you view nature and yourself in new ways.
- Informational booklet packed with hiking and trip tips, as well as area info.
- Photo CD memento of the trip.
NOTE: Because the horseback ride and canyoneering adventure are optional, we have not included their cost in this price
- When my wife stepped off the plane from the Utah trip and I looked into her eyes, I knew it was a great trip, and I was glad I was able to help and support her decision to go. The fellowship of the others and the daily activities she shared have kept that extra twinkle in her eye. ~Heido Hos husband
- Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful trip! What wonderful women! What wonderful friends! ~Quinn
- I loved our trip to Utah! Now its a highlight in my lifes journey. Thanks for going above and beyond to make this trip a very personal and fulfilling experience.
- How very much I appreciate being a part of Trailbounds trips. You truly are a Memory Maker. It is such a treat to get away, to be "pampered," and to enjoy all the beauty of nature, friendship, and sisterhood. ~Whisper
- I cant thank you enough for putting together such an awesome trip. Your company is top-notch and delivered more than anticipated!!! Hard to believe that a couple of weeks ago, I was transported into an "other-wordly" place, but the incredible photos (and the pink stain of Navajo sandstone on the bottom of my shoes) give me evidence that this was for real. I loved such incredible natural beauty in the company of really KOOL ladies. ~Peapod
- Thank you for helping us to explore Gods beautiful creation not only the mountains and rivers, but friendship as well.
- What an amazing week it has been! I will treasure the memories forever.
- You have given us memories we will never forget and experiences we could never imagine. ~Blaze
- Thank you, thank you for every second of every day and for putting this amazing adventure together. My memories will last a lifetime.
- Each day brought a new treasure, gave me a deeper appreciation for nature, offered new challenges I could meet, and opened my heart to other womens stories, joys, and insights! ~Indian Paintbrush
- Our Utah trip was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Every hike was so cool!!! The horseback riding was awesome!!! Walking in the Virgin River was beyond words. And the rappeling and rock scrambling were just as amazing!!! What an experience!! Thank you for everything! ~Blue Bird