Discover Minnesotas Treasures:
Mountains, Waterfalls, Lake Superior, Forests, & the Superior Hiking Trail!
Next Trip: September 2018Trip Rating: Challenging Maximum Daily mileage: 4-8
Terrain: Hilly with uneven patches, rocks, and roots
Elevation gains: Up to 750 feetClick here to request more info when it becomes available.
Explore one of the Midwests Best Kept Secrets:
- Hike Lake Superiors rugged coastline and slice through the worlds largest freshwater lake in a traditionally rigged schooner.
- Gaze at fantastic vistas from the Sawtooth Mountains that hug Superiors northern shoreline from Duluth to Canada.
- Discover rushing waterfalls, deep canyons, and Northwoods forests sparkling with autumns glow.
- Trek portions of the Superior Hiking Trail,named one of the nations best, most scenic paths by Backpacker Magazine.
- Explore cliff-top Split Rock Lighthouse and itskeepers quarters.
- Seek signs of moose, black bear, and wolves.
- Savor sunset dinners at lakefront restaurants.
- Meet other great women!
- Enjoy our 5-star lakefront lodge on a 150-acre nature preserve. Here, you can stroll Superiors shoreline, cozy-up to the fireplace, and watch sailboats and sunrises from your Adirondack chair.
- Drive to Cove Point Lodge near Beaver Bay, MN or fly into Duluth Intl Airport, where well pick you up at 2 pm and drive you to our lodge.
- Settle into your cozy lakeside room.
- Enjoy superb food and mesmerizing lake views from Cove Points dining room."I always love the hiking the most on these trips, but the little side-trip opportunities - like sailing & the lighthouse tour - made for a well-rounded trip of the area." ~"Swift River"
- Hike 5 miles along a series of spectacular waterfalls to a point overlooking Lake Gitche Gumme.
- Enjoy free time to meander along the falls and to visit the parks wildlife exhibits and gift shop.
- Tour Split Rock Lighthouse, its fog room, and the vintage home of the lighthouse keeper. Then stroll Superiors shore for unbeatable lighthouse views.
- Savor a sunset dinner at the Northern Lights, with views of late-summer gardens and Lake Superior."The trip was well thought out, the lodging was wonderful, there were nice women in the group, and the leaders were great. We were treated to all the best the area had to offer." ~ Happy Hiker"
- Hike 3.5 miles through the Tettegouche wilderness and past towering waterfalls.
- Drink in spectacular vistas of Superiors coastline and Northwoods forests from high atop coastal cliffs on this 1-mile hike.
- Enjoy a casual dinner at Cove Point, and then sip wine, play games, and swap fireside stories in the lodge great room.
- Sail along Superiors shoreline on the Hjordis schooner*, learning the basics of sailing, as well as the lake shores ecology, geology, and history. (*Conditions allowing.)
- Enjoy lunch, shopping, the arts, and harbor in charming Grand Marais.
- Circle a mountaintop for gorgeous late- afternoon vistas on this 2-mile hike.
- Enjoy great lakeside dining at the Bluefin Restaurant.
- Hike 5 miles through a vast white birch forest, up to ascenic mountain peak, and follow the Temperance River as it tumbles and swirls through narrow canyons.
- Relax and reflect at a secluded section of Superiors beach.
- You choose the restaurant for our last evening together. After, well gather for a lakeside campfire.
- Relish your last morning at Cove Point.
- Drive home or let us shuttle you to Duluths airport, arriving there at 9:30 am."I like to hike. I like nature and how I feel after Ive been a part of the outdoors. It fills me up. I go home and feel Im a better listener, a better friend, wife, and person. Im so glad that I foundthis group!" ~ Ladybug"
The Trip Cost Covers *
- 5 nights (double-occupancy) in a 5-star lodge onLake Superiors shores. Enjoy the indoor pool, hottub, and gathering room with fireplace and bar.
- 6 guided hikes with experienced leaders.
- Hearty Cove Point breakfasts each day. o Transportation throughout the week.
- Shuttles to and from Duluth Intl Airport within designated time frames.
- Docent-led tour of Split Rock Lighthouse.
- Lakeside campfire and smores.
- Park entrance fees and permits.
- Guided discussions, based on what we see each day, that foster warm friendship, and that help you view nature and yourself in new ways.
- Informational booklet packed with hiking tips,packing list, fun area facts, and detailed itinerary.
- Photo CD memento of your trip.
Questions? Feel free to contact Carol Ruhter at 847-381-9374 or TrailboundTrips@gmail.com
“ This trip was extremely well organized. The leaders went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. I would love to share one of these trips with a friend.” -Amy S.
“ I always love the hiking the most on these trips, but the little side-trip opportunities - sailing, lighthouse tour - made for a well-rounded trip of the area.” ~Swift River
“ The trip was well thought out, had good lodging, nice number of women in the group, and great leaders. The best the area had to offer was already selected by the leaders.” ~Anonymous
“ This is something I love but would never do on my own.” ~Hawk
“Carol, I thank God for you! You are taking me to ALL of the places I have always wanted to go! If I had the money, I would just make Trailbound Trips a "line item" in my budget and give you a credit card number to file away just to "Reserve, Reserve, Reserve"! LOL! ” ~J.H.