Click here to request more info when it becomes available
Answer "Yes" to unforgettable hikes, majestic red-rock formations, canyons, gentle streams, Native American ruins, spas, and shops.. plus a bonus day trip to the Grand Canyon!
Arrive in Flagstaff, AZ, and enjoy Southwests fall beauty on our 30-minute drive through gorgeous Oak Creek Canyon. After settling into our lodge and admiring its red-rock views, treat yourself to Arizona fare with the Barking Frog Grilles cactus fries, campfire ribs, or Oak Creek trout.
Start your day at the Chapel of the Holy Cross, a beloved and lovely Sedona landmark built into a mountainside. It offers glimpses of rock formations that well hike past later.
Then trek 4.4 miles on the Little Horse Trail for views of some of Sedonas most famous rock formations and its beautiful wilderness. Well enjoy a trail lunch at the half-way point, called Chicken Point, a large smooth-rock knoll with majestic views. Enjoy dinner together in town at one of our favorite spots.
Head out in the legendary Pink Jeeps to the Honanki Native American ruins, considered to be Sedonas best. On our 1/2-mile guided walk, explore ancient pueblo dwellings of the Sinagua tribe, who lived here from A.D. 1100-1300, and learn about their fascinating petroglyphs.
Next, jeep out on the "road less traveled" to Devils Bridge, Sedonas prettiest natural rock arch, spanning the canyon floor 54 feet below. Our 2-mile hike offers great views of the Secret Mountain Wilderness ~ and the chance to cross Devils Bridge if you dare! Top off the day by hiking to one of Sedonas famous vortexes. Stand atop airport mesa vortex, boasting outstanding views of Sedona scenery and the setting suns light show on rock formations. Then well return to Arroyo Robles fireside room to enjoy a casual Southwestern pulled-pork dinner ? and a relaxing dip in the hot tub and pool.
Free day: Dream it ~ do it ~ well arrange it. Watch the sun rise over red-rock formations from a hot air balloon kayak the Verdi River rejuvenate at a spa explore our hotel$#146;s secluded Oak Creek frontage shop Sedona read on your private balcony overlooking the red rocks.
Together, well take a late-afternoon stroll along Oak Creek to Red Rock Crossing, one of the Southwests most photographed spots and another vortex site. Well watch the setting sun set red rocks and fall colors ablaze, and check out the cairns at magical Buddha Beach. After sunset, well head over for a casual dinner at Javelinas, a local favorite known for yummy Mexican food and warm ambience.
Stand in awe before one of the worlds seven natural wonders. Gaze through millions of years of earth history at the Grand Canyons South Rim. Then, choose how you want to spend your day there: Walk the scenic, quiet portion of the rim trail hike a ways down into the canyon take the free shuttle to various overlooks visit the shops and historical sites. Relish sunset views of the Grand Canyon as we dine at El Tovar,the Grand Canyons finest restaurant. Then, head back to our Sedona hotel for sweet dreams of a great day.
Join us for two quintessential Sedona hikes on our last day in Arizona. The 3.6-mile round-trip hike to Doe Mesa takes you atop a 400-foot high, flat-topped bluff that offers spectacular 360-degree vistas. (Its a great place to spot little leapin lizards.) Our second, 1.5-mile hike treats you to lovely Oak Creek Canyon and quiet time along its peaceful waters."I had a wonderful time on the Sedona trip!! It was so beautiful with such excellent hiking opportunities! I also loved what great friendship blossomed between the women." ~Indian Paintbrush
Well drive you ack to the Flagstaff airport by 10AM, rejuvenated, rested and buoyed with warm friendships and adventure stores.
The trip cost includes:
- 6 nights, double-occupancy**, at Arroyo Roble hotel, which treats you to:
- Red-rock panoramas from your balcony
- Indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs
- Private frontage along Oak Creek
- Walking access to shopping, spas, and restaurants
- Hikes led by experienced, friendly guides
- A Pink Jeep tour, and picnic lunch that day
- Yummy hot breakfasts each morning and Monday evening?s dinner
- Bonus day-trip to the Grand Canyon
- Transportation throughout the week, plus shuttles to and from Flagstaffs airport
- Park entrance fees and permits
- Booklet packed with trip info/suggestions
- Online photos of the trip
- Amazing memories and great friendships
**Pending availability, private rooms are available for an additional $480/pp
- What a spectacular trip! Trailbound does such meticulous planning and works out every detail. It seems every year I enjoy your trips more! You have showed me such an appreciation for Gods glory and the rare gift of feeling at home in the universe. ~Blaze
- Thanks for the great hiking trip to beautiful Red Rock Country in Sedona. It was a "GRAND" week, thanks to the two leaders. Trailbound never ceases to amaze me with its well-planned trips. I love that you always throw in a little something extra The guides are so flexible and go out of their way to make us happy all with a genuine smile. Its a testament to your companys grand success. Youre the best! ~Swift River
- "The world is always there, if only I can remember to take them out into it." Outside Magazine 6/13 And take us out into it you did!! Another marvelous adventure! Thank you for your energy, enthusiasm, organization, and warm, loving smiles. ~Quinn
- I had the most fabulous time on the trip, with so many great memories. It was all so very organized and I enjoyed every minute of it. What a wonderful group of women to spend a week with! ~Fearless
- I cant even begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed traveling with Trailbound this summer and fall. I am truly sincere when I say I return empowered. Im sore in the knees, but strong in spirit. ~Little Bit
- I had a wonderful time on the trip!! It was so beautiful with such excellent hiking opportunities! I love how the group came together as we took the time to talk and get to know one another. I guess life IS like a box of chocolates!! Thank you for doing such an amazing job organizing this trip! You are a blessing in our lives! ~Indian Paintbrush