Getaway to Door County, Wisconsin
Next Trips: Fri-Sun, May 19-21, 2017 (or)
Mon-Wed, May 22-24, 2017
Cost: $235 plus trip expenses*
*** NOTE: Our 2017 trips to Door County are filled. We encourage you to sign up for our waiting list. No deposit is required for the wait list. *** (* See details )
12:45 pm: Meet at Cave Point County Park, ready to hike.
1-3 pm: Hike Cave Point County Park & Whitefish Dunes State Park. No wonder Cave Point is one of Door Countys most photographed spots and one of our favorites! This unforgettable trail borders limestone ledges that tower 50 feet above the water, and overlooks sea caves and blowholes sculpted by crashing surf. On windy days, Lake Michigans spray shoots 30 feet high. Well hike from Cave Point to Whitefish Dunes State Park, which boasts the largest sand dunes on Lake Michigans western shore. There, we can wade in the aquamarine water and scrunch our toes in the sand. Were allowing time for you to sit on the cliffs and beach to enjoy the song of the waves. Our hike is about 2 miles. (Eat lunch before you arrive at 1 pm and bring a trail snack.)
3:15-4:30 pm: Explore Cana Island Lighthouse for its awesome views and story. Nearby Deaths Door Passage racked up more shipwrecks than any other section of fresh water in the world. So, Cana Island Lighthouse was built in 1869 to warn ships of the danger ahead and to guide them toward safe harbors. The lighthouse towers 82 feet above Lake Michigan and you can venture onto its railed catwalk. Trailbound will cover your admission fee.
6-8 pm: Dine at Mission Grille, housed in a renovated church, complete with stained glass windows and pews. The food at this Sister Bay restaurant is as wonderful as its ambience. After dinner, join us to watch the sun set over the harbor at Bayside City Park Then, return to the hotel for an indoor swim, whirlpool, games, or other relaxation.
8:30 am: Meet for our days adventures.
9-10 am: Hike at Ellison Bay Bluff County Park, a 174-acre hidden treasure. It offers one of the countys most outstanding lookouts from towering 100-foot limestone bluffs. Our 1-mile hike also treats us to a magical array of woodland wildflowers.
10:30 am-noon: Explore Newport State Park on this 2-mile hike. Newports 2,400 acres boast 11 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, evergreen and hardwood forests, upland meadows, and wetlands. Well eat our trail lunch along the parks beach.
12:304 pm: Enjoy free time for a guided 10-mile bike ride on a crushed-gravel trail through gorgeous Peninsula State Park. (Bring your own bike or rent one.) You can also use this free time to check out Door Countys great shops or relax at our hotel. Weekend hikers: Consider hiking with our guide at The Clearing, open to the public on Saturdays only.
5:307:30 pm: Savor great food and casual outdoor dining at the Gibraltar Grille. (Well eat indoors in< inclement weather.)
7:30 pm: Watch the sunset over Green Bay from our park shelter overlooking the bay. Enjoy the warmth of a campfire, toasty smores, and friends.
8:159:15 am: Savor breakfast and a yummy Swedish tradition at popular Al Johnsons or opt to eat on your own.
9:45-11:30 am: Hike Eagle Cliffs at Peninsula State Park. This gorgeous 2-mile loop features some of Door Peninsulas most dramatic scenery: towering bluffs, cobblestone beaches, and sea caves. Enjoy time to sit along the bays peaceful waters, watch water birds, and unwind.
11:30 amNoon: Enjoy a trail lunch together at this lovely park or feel free to get an early start home.
Noon: Head home, refreshed and relaxed.
"Thank you for a truly memorable Door County experience. As a first time rookie, I felt so welcome. What an interesting and lovely bunch of ladies! The scenery, hikes, hotel, and dinners were all fabulous. I look forward to joining another trip!" ~Jingles
Youll love this inn! Enjoy its indoor heated pool and whirlpool, front porch rockers, fitness center, fireside great room, guest laundry, and WiFi. The 1-BR suite has one bath and 2 queen beds in one bedroom. In each 2-BR or 3-BR suite, youll have 2 baths and your own private bedroom with a king or queen bed and a TV/DVD. All suites have a spacious living room with a fireplace, TV/DVD, and sleeper-sofa; fully equipped kitchen; dining area; private deck or patio; and coffee maker, hair dryers, alarm clocks, shampoo/conditioner, and iron/board.
Highpoint Inn Room Rates
Type of suite May 19-21 cost May 22-24 cost (Units available) (Units available) 1-Bedroom with 2 queens $277.72 ( 2) $277.76 ( 3) 1-Bedroom with 1 king $297.70 ( 1) $257.74 ( 1) 2-Bedroom $357.64 (12) $277.72 (12) 3-Bedroom $517.46 ( 2) $377.62 ( 3)
The chart above shows Highpoint Inns 2017 room rate for 2-nights, including tax, and how many of each room type are available. (Note weekdays are less expensive.)
Prices are based on up to 2 people in 1-BR & 2-BR suites and 3 people in 3-BR suites. Add $12/suite per extra person. Weve reserved the rooms; you can put the room under your credit card when you check in.
- To make the group more intimate, we limit size to 24 hikers per trip. Our trips are filled but we invite you to join our wait list
- Cost is $235 per person, which covers two guides throughout the getaway, trip arrangements, lighthouse tour, detailed info packet, and the campfire. We do not "package" other trip costs because weve found you enjoy deciding your own room types and meals. Your trip = your choices.
- Thank you for a truly memorable experience. As a first time rookie, I felt so welcome. Everyone made an effort to make us feel part of the group. What an interesting and lovely bunch of ladies. The scenery, hotel, and dinners were all fabulous. I look forward to joining another trip. It was just GREAT! ~ Lauren
- Thank you for Door County! It was a great trip - good company, wonderful scenery for hiking, and great weather!! Lets do it again! ~ Firefly
- Thank you so much for making my virgin hiking trip such a memorable experience. You will be seeing me again. ~ Jamie
- Thank you for the wonderful weekend I spent with your group in Door County. What an amazing group of women! Ill always be so grateful to my best friend for inviting me on this trip! Its obvious that you put so much hard work and thought into your trips. The quiet time segments on the trail are such a good idea! As hikers we really see and hear nature at its best! It brought back so many wonderful childhood memories! Thank you, thank you, thank you for a very wonderful weekend! The special bonus was the new friendships I made! ~ Gail
- Thank you! The pictures you sent of our Door County Getaway are beautiful. We had a great time, and I would not change a thing! Thank you for arranging such a nice trip for the "sisters" to enjoy! Hopefully, I can join in another trip soon! ~ Patty
- Thank you for a truly memorable Door County experience. As a first time rookie, I felt so welcome. What an interesting and lovely bunch of ladies! The scenery, hikes, hotel, and dinners were all fabulous. I look forward to joining another trip!" ~Jingles