An all-time favorite! Click here to request more info.
- Gaze at dawns first light from atop the highest coastal mountain north of Rio de Janeiro ... at Northwoods forests tinged with autumn color ... at harbor seals bobbing near your kayak and whale flukes disappearing into the ocean near your whale-watching boat ... at lighthouses and tidal pools.
- Smell wild roses along the harbor path ... sea air ... flowers of Thuya Garden above a quiet harbor.
- Listen to waves crashing against pink-granite cliffs ... the call of loons and gulls ... clanging sea buoys ... shells crunching as you cross the ocean floor at low tide to a deserted island.
- Taste succulent lobster ... ripe Maine blueberries ... fresh, warm popovers on the lawn of the famous Jordan Pond House.
- Feel the oceans gentle breeze as you cruise on a windjammer ... the warmth of sun-baked granite as you sit and watch the Atlantic Ocean ... the lap of cool waves on your toes.
*No wonder Backpacker magazine’s readers named Acadia one of their 3 favorite national parks!*
Fly into Bangor International Airport, where well rendezvous and drive you to our lodge in Bar Harbor, Maine, an hour away.
Settle into your room at Atlantic Eyrie, with sweeping views overlooking the Atlantics scenic Frenchman Bay.
Savor the Chart Rooms succulent Maine lobster and other fine seafood ? and enjoy the sunset.
Watch the sun rise over the ocean from your balcony, and enjoy the Atlantic Eyrie’s hearty complimentary breakfast
Well hike 2 miles along the rugged Atlantic coastline as we follow the Ocean Path, enjoying Otter Cliffs, blowholes, amazing views, and Acadias pink granite rocks. Eat your trail lunches on those warm rocks while overlooking the sparkling blue Atlantic. Then well visit Acadias only sand beach, nestled in a lovely cove, on our way to the 1.4-mile hike on Great Head Peninsula. It juts into the Atlantic and offers fabulous ocean vistas. Afterward, dine at one of Bar Harbors outstanding restaurants or catch the optional sunset-sail aboard the Margaret Todd schooner.
Well hike 3.3 level miles around lovely Jordan Pond. Add 2.6 more miles if youd like the optional hike to famous South Bubbles awesome vistas and precariously balanced Bubble Rock
Savor popovers and other goodies on the lawn of famous Jordan Pond House, with views of the mountain you just climbed. Then stroll through charming Asticou/Thuya Gardens, overlooking an iconic ocean harbor
Share a casual evening in the leaders room, enjoying home-cooked lasagna, salad, warm bread, yummy dessert ... and great camaraderie. Then, join us to star-gaze and count shooting-stars at Sand Beach.
Well hike 2.2 miles to the summit of Cadillac Mountain, the tallest mountain on the Atlantic seaboard north of Rio de Janeiro, relishing stunning vistas along the way. Then, join us for a relaxing afternoon boat tour of gorgeous Frenchman Bay. See and learn about the magnificent mansions along the coast, Egg Rock lighthouse, the Porcupine Islands, Bar Harbors shoreline, and the Bays wildlife, including eagles, porpoises, and seals.
Finish this fabulous day with free evening time in Bar Harbor to explore, shop, and dine.
View mornings first spectacular sunrays from the peak of Cadillac Mountain. Well enjoy a delicious early-morn breakfast at a favorite Bar Harbor restaurant. Then chalk up another bucket list adventure as you hike 1.4 miles across the ocean floor at low-tide to explore uninhabited Bar Island and its great views of Bar Harbor.
On this free afternoon, opt for ocean kayaking on the islands quiet west side (which well arrange for you), whale watching, Bar Harbor shopping, reading on your balcony, or strolling the Bar Harbor Shore Path to admire grand, ocean-front homes and their gorgeous views.
Dine together at one of Bar Harbors great restaurants.
Trips are always good with Trailbound! I come home with a positive outlook and sense of achievement that help support decisions in my life. And I love spending time with the wonderful women I meet. ~ "Wonder Woman"
Enjoy the scenic drive to the islands western "quiet side". Along the way, well stop at picturesque Somesville Bridge for photos. Then take in amazing vistas from atop Beech Cliff and Beech Mountain on this 1.9-mile circuit, and munch lunch while enjoying the panoramic views. After the hike, stop by peaceful Echo Lake for a toe-dip.
In the afternoon, explore tidal pools, search for blue mussel shells, and take time to relax on warm pink granite slabs while enjoying the oceans crashing waves on this 1.3-mile loop at Ship Harbor. Then photograph the island treasure, Bass Harbor Lighthouse.
Dine at a favorite restaurant in Southwest Harbor, enjoying our ocean view and last dinner together.
(Travel day) Cherish one last sunrise over Frenchman Bay. Then let us shuttle you to the Bangor Airport. Return home with amazing memories and stories, new confidence, warm friendships, and a renewed love for the great outdoors and this beautiful country of ours.
Register Online Register by Mail Join the Wait List-->
This trip is open to 10 women, in addition to two guides. Its one of our most popular trips and will fill quickly; dont wait long to register.
- 6 days and nights at lovely Atlantic Eyrie Lodge (double- occupancy). Enjoy fabulous views of Frenchman Bay and the Porcupine Islands, private balconies, mini fridges, microwaves, coffeemakers, flat-screen TV, heated outdoor pool, and frequent shuttles from the hotel door to downtown Bar Harbor. (Add $500 for a solo room.)
- Guided hikes each day with experienced leaders.
- 2-hour narrated boat tour of Frenchman Bay.
- Transportation throughout the week to our hikes, activities, and dining.
- Shuttles to and from Bangor International Airport within designated time slots
- Complimentary breakfasts at our hotel.
- Yummy, home-cooked dinner by your guides on Monday.
- Park entrance fees and permits.
- Guided discussions, based on what we see in nature each day, that foster warm camaraderie and help you view nature and yourself in new ways.
- Informational booklet packed with suggestions on what to bring; fun facts about the area’s history, weather, and wildlife; and hiking tips.
- Photo CD memento of the trip.
“I enjoyed the beauty of the vistas from oceanside and mountaintops.” ~ "Running Water"
“The leaders were great, and our fellow hikers were wonderful! This trip made me feel a little stronger inside.” ~ "Rock Star"
This trip surpassed my expectation. I didnt know how beautiful Maine is. The leaders did an excellent job of keeping us on schedule and informed, plus coming up with interesting activities on a rainy day. ~ "Sunny"
“I left Maine with a sense of accomplishment that I actually did it! Plus, I love the strength you get from the other women, and the friendships you develop. Great experience!” ~ "Barb"
“I dont know that Id ever have gotten to Maine without Trailbound, and Im sure Id never have seen the parts we explored. Keep up the great opportunities.” ~ "Little Bit"
“I loved not having to think about anything someone else took care of all the arrangements and I just had to show up. It also reminded me about taking time and doing things just for myself.” ~ "Seal"
“The hiking was incredible, the spiritual atmosphere was uplifting, and the beauty of Acadia far surpassed what I had expected. I also liked making and talking to new friends -- and understanding that my life isnt the only complex one! ”~Tai Tai
“I like to hike. I like nature and how I feel after Ive been a part of the outdoors. It fills me up. I go home and feel Im a better listener, a better friend, wife, and person. Im so glad that I found this group. This was my third hike with you and Im planning to join you in Minnesota and then Glacier! ”~Ladybug
“This trip was better than I dreamed it would be. Every day was a new adventure for us. It also helped me to see how well women can function as a group how caring and understanding they can be. ” ~Pat
“ I want to thank you again for all you did to make the Maine trip so fantastic I am still basking in the glow. And where do you find all these fun and caring women? ” ~White Dove
“ I loved meeting new friends and laughing so much. Not a care or worry in the world for an entire week. I also enjoyed being accepted into the group for “me” - just me - who I am - no questions - no judgement - no standards to be judged by. You attract such a great group of ladies. Thank you for sharing your gift with me - with all of us.” ~Dream Catcher
“This was truly a life-changing experience for me. And an EXPERIENCE it was. It was not a trip to Maine, but you taught me how to experience my travels. The scenery and companionship were awesome. Thanks many times over. ”~Diane