Fall Day Trips are underway! View these pictures and sign up to join the fun!
From Carol Ruhter, Trailbound Trip’s founder and guide.
"Perhaps we all need time to be free, time alone in nature, supported and encouraged to discover our own wild selves, to reconnect with who we are and what we want from life." ~Jennifer Hanson
- Fall Day Trips
~ September 6, 2016 - October 29, 2016
Explore 10 of Northern Illinois prettiest wild places...
Rejuvenate your spirit with crisp fall air, sunshine, & exercise...
Enjoy meeting other friendly women who love the outdoors...Walk on the Wild Side this autumn!
Starved Rock Winter Getaway
Sat-Sun, Jan 21-22 and Tue-Wed, Jan 24-25, 2017
Enjoy spectacular scenery, great eagle-watching, rich history, and warm camaraderie... just 2 hours from the Northwest suburbs
- Northwoods Dog Sled Adventure ~
February 22-26, 2017
In the heart of Michigans Upper Peninsula - tucked between the great lakes
of Superior and Michigan unforgettable fun beckons!
Only 7 spots left!
Door County (WI) Getaway May 19-21 and May 22-24, 2017
Autumn in Vermont Sept. 23-29 and Sept. 30-Oct. 6, 2017
Join us for beauty, adventure, serenity, friendship, and more!
Watch for details and sign-ups for these trips coming soon!
- Coming in 2017!
Great River Getaway near Prairie du Chien
- Coming in 2018!
- California Dreaming - Big Sur ~ April 2-8 & April 9-15, 2017
Explore where ancient redwoods and the Santa Lucia mountains kiss the Pacific Ocean.
Hike along the Pacifics sea caves, crashing waves, sea stacks, hidden coves, tidal pools,
waterfalls, and sandy beaches. Spot playful sea otters, seals , sea lions, and tide-pool critters.
Wonders of Washington (WA) July 15-22 and July 23-30, 2017
Walk secluded beaches along the rugged Pacific coastline... Explore the San Juan Islands...
Hike through a rain forest, past towering waterfalls, and spectacular vistas...
Look for orca whales, porpoises, harbor seals, and other wildlife.
TRAILBOUND TRIPS GIFT CERTIFICATES
Give the gift of fun, health, outdoors, and friendship. Birthday? Holiday? Just Because? Weve got
you covered! Trailbound gift certificates
come in any amount. We will mail to you or directly to the lucky recipient. Its a
great gift for a friend, mom, sister, or daughter. Or put it on YOUR gift wish list
Welcome to Trailbound Trips...
Our outdoor adventures delight, inspire, encourage, and strengthen women.
Join us for fun hiking and bicycling day trips in Northern Illinois wild places. Bike under canopies of autumn color and along rippling streams
hike through forests dappled with spring wildflowers or in tall grass prairies
discover coyote dens and follow deer paths
walk through pristine winter wonderlands.
Explore and enjoy the Midwests most beautiful gems. Dogsled through Lake Superiors Northwoods
kayak gentle streams under covered bridges
hike behind waterfalls and through canyons
horseback ride and bike through woodlands and meadows
savor vistas and sunsets from 500-foot bluffs. (Trails by day lodges by night.)
Follow your heart on weeklong dream trips to destinations like Acadia, Maine, nestled by the Atlantic ocean
Utahs gorgeous red rock canyon-lands
Oregons coastline, cascades, and Crater Lake
Waterfall tours through Carolinas Blue Ridge wilderness
Snow-capped mountain wildernesses packed with wildlife and beauty. (Trails by day; lodges by night).
- Breathtaking beauty, unforgettable trails, and true outdoor adventure.
- Your own adventurous spirit, renewed confidence, and exhilaration.
- Tranquility: time to walk in silence, savor beauty, play outdoors again.
- Friends who share your love of nature and the outdoors.
- New ways to view nature and yourself through nature-based discussions. We also offer trips with a Christian focus, which are noted accordingly.
Enjoy this all with the friendliness, knowledge, and encouraging can-do attitudes of your experienced, women guides.
Join us! Explore. Dream. Discover.
Been dreaming of one of our trip destinations, and cant wait to
sign-up? Consider our "pre-registration list," which allows you to
tentatively sign up for a trip as we finalize its itinerary and price.
Well list your name in the order received, and e-mail you the
registration link 24-48 hours before announcing it to our general list.
No deposit required for the pre-registration list, and no guarantees for a
spot. If you would like to guarantee your trip spot before
official registration. Were happy to handle that; you can mail a $500
non-refundable deposit which well apply to the trip cost.
- Day trips in Northern Illinois: September 6 - October 29; Guide: Scout
- Full Moon Hike (IL): Sat., October 15; Guide: Scout
- Sedona (AZ): Sat-Fri, October 22-28; Guides: Hellbender and Rebel
- Starved Rock Getaway (IL): Sat-Sun, Jan 21-22 and Tue-Wed, Jan 24-25; Guides: Scout & TBD
- Northwoods Dog Sled Adventure (MI): Wed-Sun, Feb 22-26; Guides: Scout & LL Lucy
- California Dreaming in Big Sur: Sun-Sat, Apr 2-8 and Sun-Sat, Apr 9-15;
Guides: Scout, Rebel & LL Lucy
- Door County (WI) Getaway: Fri-Sun, May 19-21 and Mon-Wed, May 22-24.
Guides: Scout & TBD
- Wild Woman Tri: Wed, June 15
- Washington Wonders: Sat-Sat, July 15-22 and Sun-Sun, July 23-30;
Guides: Scout, Rebel & Randonee
- Autumn in Vermont: Sat-Fri, Sept 23-29 and Sat-Fri, Sept 30-Oct 6;
Guides: Rebel, LL Lucy & Hellbender
- Great River Getaway (WI): Fri-Sun, Oct 6-8 and Mon-Wed, Oct 9-11;
Guides: Scout & TBD
Be sure to ,
where you can check out the fun and the beautiful places we visit!
Youll love the great nature videos, quotes, and photos that
Nancy posts...along with Trailbounds activity updates and
trip photos. To be sure youre getting our page updates, be
sure to "like," comment, and/or share our posts. And if
you see yourself in one of our photos, go ahead and "tag"
yourself so your friends can see what a great time youre
having with us! Because Facebook only sends our posts to about 20%
of our list, the more you participate, the better the chance of
Facebook sending you our updates. And of course, you can always
visit our Facebook page directly at any time to see whats
happening. See you on Facebook!